Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yet Another Cookie Recipe - Starring the M&M



I realize that if you type "cookie" into the Search Bar of my blog, more than a few recipes might come up. But truth be told, you can never have too many recipes. I mean, if you have the hankering for oatmeal, or chocolate chip, or...whatever...you don't want to sift through a bunch of posts or try recreating from a standard dough. Just type in the word and BAM - cookie recipe!

This week I made candy cookies with the cute Easter pastel M&Ms Weston bought me. I normally don't like M&M cookies because when you mix the pieces into the dough, the crunch of the coating bothers me. I feel like they've made it thicker over the years and I do not appreciate that.

I used my standby chocolate chip cookies dough recipe, but used about half as many chocolate chips. Then, I added about 4 Tbs Heath bar pieces. After letting the dough chill for about 10 minutes, I rolled it into balls and pressed them down a little with the palm of my hand. I took about 4-5 M&Ms and pushed them on the top. This way you see them - I noticed that when recipes ask you to mix them into the batter, the cookies don't look as "happy!" Bake the recommended amount of time, but note that they will set up once you take them out of the oven, too.

See?!? These cookies just make me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment