Saturday, May 7, 2011

Who Doesn't Love a Late-Night Cookie?


Now, if you've been following this blog for a while, you'll remember a post I wrote a while back called Brownies for Breakfast?, an homage to my love of chocolate and my love of ooey gooey brownies. Today I'd like to focus for a moment on my possible insane infatuation with cookies.

Cookies. Gosh. I love 'em. Everything about them: how they are good both warm and cold. How they can house so many different flavors. The textures - crunchy, chewy... both! The fact that they are perfect for one person - you never feel lonely eating a cookie. And you can make them big or small depending on how guilty you want to feel. These little dears always make me smile - they make anyone smile, for that matter. Who doesn't love receiving a batch of homemade cookies? Who? Find them for me and I'll convert them.

One of the best (and possible most dangerous for my waistline) things about living on my own is that if I want a cookie for dinner, then doggone it, I can have a cookie for dinner.

And today, that is exactly what I did. I made 4 cookies. Yep, only four. I cut the recipe down a lot just to make a personal sized portion of delicious, giant, chocolate chip cookies spilling over with Ghirardelli chocolate chips. I don't care how weird this might sound to y'all...in fact, Weston was telling me today how weird I am because I love cookies so much. All I know is that this recipe is good. Use it with caution.

1/2 bag chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup of white and brown sugar - I just estimate half of each
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg
1 stick of butter - oh gosh, I used a stick of butter...
1 tsp vanilla

Let the butter come to room temp - this is key. Mix is with the sugars, then add the egg and vanilla. Cream well, then mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt - just to combine. Add your chips and bake at 375 for 11 minutes.

Okay, so maybe this makes a few more than 4 cookies. But by the time I was done baking, I swear there were only 4 left ;)

Needless to say, there is only the one picture to commemorate this occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment