Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sensi - Take Two

A food journal of a recent second trip to Sensi. As usual the food was wonderful - even better than the last time, but the service aspect was sub par. We were checked on twice and there was an average 45 minute wait between courses (for a restaurant only half full).

We started the evening with a Cesar salad which was one of the best I've had in a while. The dressing was spot on and the sardines on top were flavorful and not too fishy.


Lobster bisque with Chesapeake crab. A wonderful bowl of soup - not too salty and with an enormous amount of fresh crab at the bottom. I loved the drizzle of olive oil on the top of the bowl. It was so yummy - I could have eaten a giant bowl...but more was on the way.

Risotto of the day: this time was goat cheese risotto with sundried tomatoes and lamb chops. This was TO DIE FOR. I was incredibly pleased with the flavor profile. The risotto was nice and al dente and the lamb was cooked medium rare as specified. There was more than enough to share so we were both pretty full after our salad/soup and the risotto.

Many minutes later...many many minutes, our entrees arrived. I ordered the rib eye with roasted vegetables and was incredibly pleased. The cut of meat was phenomenal - fresh and tasty. I ordered mine medium rare and so I was able to appreciate the flavor better. My most favorite part was the crust they has achieved by searing the steak and then finishing it off in the oven (I assume). The veggies were a but sub-par in comparison, but still good. The steak was served with a compound butter that I just scraped off - it didn't add anything and the cut was nicely marbled.

Weston ordered the lamb chops - a fine choice. The meat wasn't too gamey - as lamb can be - and very tender. The potatoes this was served with so, so good. They were drizzled with a sauce with Indian spices! So unexpected and yet, so perfect a pairing. I couldn't pinpoint exactly which spices they used, but I'm sure we'll be back so I can ask.


With my Groupon (I stock up on these when I can) - we saved $40 and then our water gave us the risotto for free because of another circumstance (the women's bathroom was having some problems) - so the final price was quite reasonable: $50, I believe. I can't wait to go back and try some of the other things on their menu. It hadn't changed much since the last time we came, but maybe they'll have some seasonal dishes once we hit spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment