Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lift Coffee Lunches to Go

I've passed Lift Coffee a few times on Broad and always wanted to go in - it looks really cute and there's always a long line and a big crowd sitting inside. But as I'm not a huge coffee drinker, I rarely have the urge to go out and get myself a java fix. But since I discovered Lift does lunches and treats, too, I might just change my mind.

The VCU School of Dentistry hosts "Lunch and Learns" where companies can come in and discuss various rpdicts or functions or organizations they want us to join. The draw? Lunch. The latest Lunch and Learn provided information on a new bill Virginia has passed regarding specialization s for international dentists. Since this is not a political blog, I'm refraining from going into anything. I'll focus on the lunch...which was delicious.

I think what impressed me most were the sandwiches - they were super fresh, HUGE, and had some interesting combinations. Apple Turkey Cheddar? I have heard of those things going together, but never really ventures out to try it. I think I will, though, because it's a fresh and delightful way to spruce up a boring sandwich routine. Just add a couple thinly slices of green apple and your tastebuds will be jumping for joy.

I'm also picturing one of their brownies because it was amazingly moist and chocolaty. A lot of boxed lunches come with dry, crumbly, old brownies, but these tasted like they'd just been made that day. Mmmm...

LinkSo, a trip to Lift Coffee might just be on the horizon - just to see what it actually is like inside and get a feel for the vibe. It reminds me of an Ann Arbor favorite, Comet Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment