Friday, February 3, 2012

Do You Have Five Minutes?


Lunch is a tricky meal...especially on the weekends. I think it's the fact that you want it to feel special, but you don't want to put a lot of work into it. At least, that's how it is for me. I eat basically the same thing every weekday since I pack my lunch, but on the weekends, I typically scrounge.

Usually I do a midday breakfast and make an omelette or bake something I've frozen from a dinner earlier in the week. But last weekend I was running low on food supplies and I had to be creative.

I remember I had some leftover chicken from the chicken I'd cooked for my casserole, so I added that to a pan with a drizzle of sesame oil. Then I added 3 carrots, cut into long strips. I cooked up some pasta and added that to the chicken and veggie(s) and let it get really nice and crisp - then I added 1 Tbs of peanut butter and seasoned with spices.

It was actually quite delectable. And it took me all of about 10 minutes to make - I was talking to Weston the whole time, so it felt even shorter. Quick cooking is all about seeing what you have on hand and being creative. I was quite pleased with the results :)



No comments:

Post a Comment