Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Three Monkeys


Still in Ann Arbor and blissfully happy being able to spend time with the special people in my life. When I come back to AA, I typically re-visit old haunts and eat with family - so recipes and pics have usually been posted already.

So here's a little recap of a place in RVA which I tried before leaving for break.

Three Monkeys is actually owned in part by the same people who own Kuba Kuba, so you know it's gotta be good. The vibe is exciting and also very local - you know the people coming through the door have been here before...well, except us...

I got the California Burger with blue cheese. It was good although not the best burger I've ever eaten. I did love their french fries, though - pictures are pretty fuzzy because the bar is really dark!


Weston got their pulled pork with an au jus. I really liked his because the flavors weren't so bold that you couldn't taste the meat, the meat was really tender, and the sandwich was clean (i.e. no lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, etc). He got onion rings and those, too, were delish :)


Another aspect which I want to cover are the cocktails. Man are they good - but expensive. My drink cost us $10, as much as my burger. I think I got the "Hear no Evil" with cranberry juice, vodka, and pineapple juice, rimmed with sweet and sour sugar. In terms of beer options, Weston found they only featured one local beer which was a bit of a downer.

Definitely give this place a try if you haven't already - it seems like a wonderful way to get to know the people who make RVA special.


No comments:

Post a Comment