Friday, May 13, 2011

What To Stew?


Tonight I tried my hand at a traditional stew. What happened was a cross between a stew and a sauce, I suppose. Still very tasty and just what I wanted since I was going to put it over pasta instead of the traditional rice.

Puree an onion and a can of crushed tomatoes with a few cloves of garlic and enough water to make it slightly watery. Coat the bottom of the saucepan with a little oil and then put in the blender mixture. Add the following spices: Cayenne pepper, seasoned salt (celery salt, salt, onion powder, paprika, black pepper), and a bay leaf. Cook this down for a good whiel over medium-high heat. The stew gets pretty nice and thick - and it sputters a lot, so put a lid over it part-way and be careful not to burn yourself. Add chicken wings or thighs or tenders and cook together until they are cooked through.

Serve over plantains, rice, (or pasta).

No comments:

Post a Comment