Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Crispy Risotto Bites with Spicy Marinara

Here's the little treat I made for myself the day I found out I got into dental school. I just took some leftover risotto that I had in the fridge and warmed it up just slightly. I heated some oil and rolled little bits of the risotto in breadcrumbs. I fried them on both sides until they were golden and then served over some spicy marina (fra diavolo-esque) I made last week.

To make that you just blend a can of crushed tomato, 3 cloves garlic, one medium onion and salt/pepper/and Cayenne pepper. Heat over the stove and freeze any you don't plan on using within a week. I plan to use the extra that I made in a stew in the upcoming weeks.

These are kind of addictive - possibly because they are all teeny and bite sized and crispity crunchity.

4 comments:

  1. Yummmm! These look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I'd like to try with various types of risotto - and I might try stuffing them with mozzarella next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and got a lot from them. To me, you are doing the great work.
    indian takeaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much - I am glad you are enjoying the posts and recipes!

    ReplyDelete